Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My recent inspiration.

So last week I went to club JBs in Nagoya to see Tiny crew mix it up with MYSS, DJ Kyoko, and SPECIAL GUEST Dex Pistols!

The night was amazing, all of the normal homies were out that night and we all had a great time.

The inspiration came from after Dex Pistols went off, they both were just wandering around the club. DJ Daruma, was next to me while I was outside catching my breath and comes and starts talking to me in Japanese. We talk, share laughs and such, and I tell him Ryan and I are moving to Tokyo next year and we will be DJing there. He wished us luck and said we should have no problem. I said it would be tough because foreign DJs are rampant in Tokyo. He asked if I had a phone. When I said yes, he asked for it, and typed in his phone and called it. Then he added my info to his phone and said call him whenever I was in Tokyo! The next day I get home to an e-mail from DJ Maar saying to keep in touch and we can DJ one day together in Tokyo!

If you don't know who Dex Pistols are, here is a rundown of their credits.

They opened for Daft Punk for 2 nights in Tokyo last year. Got some nice pics with them too... As a result they became close to Ed Banger Records and Daft Punk manager Pedro Winter, aka Busy P. They have opened for many Ed Banger artists and other super big DJs who come to Japan. They have CLOUT!

This meeting has made me want to take my music production and DJing SUPER serious now! I am saving up like mad for a Mac so I have a machine good enough for music production. Until then this PC will do, and DJing at my friend Ryan's will be happening a LOT. I want to get good enough to start DJing in Nagoya with the crew before we go to Tokyo!

Check out the pics!

You will see pics of them and Daft Punk, them and Busy P, and them and me!





3 comments:

Tim Page-Bottorff said...

You have come a long way! The second mix is rightfully the best. However, you started something in the Quasi Bridge of mixthree. There was a similar sound that got me to move. The best description is a Dexie's Midnight Runner offbeat ska appeal that really got me happy.

I think after listening to the expirimental G I Joe and the all famous Dark Mess and Dark Mess (Complete).

I really would like to listen to the mixes unabated by internet (R2D2) interuptions. There were some streaming bugs, but they were really well put together!

I am proud of you my friend!

Listen to HYBRID!

Tim Page-Bottrff

Tim Page-Bottorff said...

I apologize for the second paragraph of my original post.

I wanted to say that these two mixes are a far stretch into the (ah-HAH!) moment you get when you discover something in Abelton! They are something that I can see strong growth in. You are definitely going in the right direction. Just remember us small people!

Go on tour!

T-Atoms said...

Yo Tim! Thanks for the comments!

Actually these mixes were done with 2 turntables and a mixer!

I have yet to try DJing with Ableton, but once I get better with the old school way, I will begin to learn it!

Check out my friend's mix too! He just uploaded it last night!